ToolWindow_Closing Event and ToolWindow_TabClick

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Ernesto Serrano - Software Developer, VyS Yecla S.L.
Is possible to add a ToolWindow_Closing Event with a event parameter that allows to cancel the closing of a toolWindow?

Also if I do a double click in the document tab I want to change the document state to floating, and if I do a click in the tab with the middle mousebutton I want to close the document (like mozilla firefox)

I'm waiting for more than 6 months and you say me that is added to TODO list,

I want to copy the behavior of Visual Studio, closing the tabs with middle click

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ernesto,

Yes, it is still on the TODO list. As for the other two things you requested, those were added to the TODO list in late March.

We have to add features in order of their priority. Right now the major priority for Actipro is getting out native .NET 2.0 versions of our controls (any day now) and SyntaxEditor 4.0 development.

If you'd like your feature requests implemented immediately, we can do so via a consulting arrangement where you would pay an hourly rate to get them done. In that scenario, we will drop our other work to get them done for you right away. Contact us via email if you are interested in that arrangement. Otherwise, they will get done probably when we work on the next minor UIStudio release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Ernesto Serrano - Software Developer, VyS Yecla S.L.
Can you send me information about the consulting arrangement prices?

Thanks!
Sure thing.

Actipro Software Support

Hi Ernesto,

Just wanted to let you know that for the next maintenance release we've added the Initializing, Activating, Activated, Closing (cancellable), and Closed events and related OnXXX methods to the TabbedMdiWindow class. So those will be available for both tool and document windows.

The DockManager already has those events (like WindowClosing, etc.) but these will fire on the actual instance of the tool/document window.

Also in case it wasn't mentioned, the middle click close feature was added a couple maintenance releases ago.

[Modified at 10/20/2006 03:25 PM]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.