System Exception Uncommenting Lines

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
Hi,

I'm receiving an ArgumentOutOfRangeExcpetion using the SelectedView.UncommentLines method. I'm able to consistently recreate this error when the cursor is in the first column on any line other than the first line in the document. It functions perfectly on line 1. On lines other than line 1, the method functions perfectly as long as the cursor is in any column other than the first column.

Here's a partial listing of the error message:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException was unhandled
  Message="Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length"
  ParamName="length"
  Source="mscorlib"
I'm using VS 2005, .Net 2.0, SE 3.1.0210 for .Net 2.0 on Win XP, SP2.

Thanks... Rick

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks Rick... it's now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Benjamin Lewis
Any idea on when this will be released? I'm experiencing this issue as well, and I'm wondering if it's worth my time to temporarily kludge around the problem myself.

Thanks,
--
Benjamin Lewis
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We'll try and get it out soon, like in the next week or so. The delay is because we are having to do a new Shared/WinUICore build as well and want to make sure we have everything in there we need.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Benjamin Lewis
That's okay; it turned out to be really easy to kludge around the problem; I just catch the exception and manually uncomment the line.

--
Benjamin Lewis
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.