Issue after Upgrade to v3.0.0.0120

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by SR
Hi Bill,

VS2005/XPSP2

I upgraded to the latest version and took default installation options (.Net 2.0 only)

After I opened my project I deleted and reinstated the references to the latest version and updated the licenses.licx file with the correct info.

Following an apparently clean rebuild, when I try to open the form containing the Wizard I get ...

One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Hide

at System.Reflection.Module.GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.AssemblyObsoleteEventArgs..ctor(Assembly assembly)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSDynamicTypeService.ReloadAssemblyIfChanged(String codeBase)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSDynamicTypeService.CreateDynamicAssembly(String codeBase)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.get_Assembly()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.Search(String fullName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreTypeCase, Assembly& assembly, String description)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.SearchProjectEntries(AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreTypeCase, Assembly& assembly)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ReferenceType refType)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.GetType(ITypeResolutionService trs, String name, Dictionary`2 names)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.FillStatementTable(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, IDictionary table, Dictionary`2 names, CodeStatementCollection statements, String className)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)

Help!

What haven't I done right?

Scott

Comments (3)

Sorry
meant to say this is a Control Library that contains the wizard in an inherited form, and the Main App
project that uses it is showing

Warning 1 Unable to apply publish properties for item "actiprosoftware.shared". BurnsWorkstation
Warning 2 Unable to apply publish properties for item "actiprosoftware.winuicore". BurnsWorkstation
Warning 3 Unable to apply publish properties for item "actiprosoftware.wizard". BurnsWorkstation

Both projects are correctly referencing the .Net20 DLLs

Scott
D'oh.

Reloaded VS2005 solution - and the problem has gone away, although I am still seeing

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3331: Unable to apply publish properties for item "actiprosoftware.shared".
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3331: Unable to apply publish properties for item "actiprosoftware.winuicore".
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3331: Unable to apply publish properties for item "actiprosoftware.wizard".

in the VS output window

Cheers
Scott
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes VS 2005 caches the references so you have to "reboot" VS to sometimes get them to update for the designer. As for those properties I'm not sure where those are stored. I haven't seen that before. Maybe look in the project properties for something related to those old assembly names.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.