Strange problem of intelliprompt.memberlist

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Dong JIA
Everything of intellipromt seems OK for me. But Descreption of intellipromptmembelistitem is gone.
I set the description during intellipromptmembelistitem constructing.
Could anybody please give me some suggestion? Or is there a workaround for it. Thx in adv.

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
It should work fine. If there is a problem can you please post some code to duplicate it in our sample project?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Dong JIA
The code in your sample project works well.
I know your product must be tested carefullly before shipping, but the environment I worked in is a little complex: mix of managed and unmanaged code, message driven by self... :(
Could you pls give me some advice on how to force the description show or some other worksaround?

thanks in advanced.

[Modified at 05/24/2006 07:25 PM]
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If the Description property of the item is filled in, it will display. The constructor automatically sets the Description if you pass in a value for it.

I'm wondering if the description is there fine but something with your unmanaged code is preventing our tooltip popup from showing. Maybe try making a blank Form, add a SyntaxEditor, don't add any unmanaged code to it, populate the member list the same way you do, and see if the descriptions pop up there. That will tell you whether the unmanaged code/control is the issue.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.