CustomHighlightingStyle bugs

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 20 years ago by Campion
I'm trying out the new CustomHighlightingStyle feature added in v2.0.0105 and believe I found a couple of bugs.

First off, I'm following the general steps listed in the "Semantic Parsing - Assigning a Custom HighlightingStyle to a Specific Token" section of the documentation. The only real difference is I'm not using an IdentifierToken but a FunctionToken that I added to the language definition file.

1. The custom style (color in this case) does not take affect until the document is edited. i.e. the color of the functions is the default style's color when the text is first programmatically added.

2. Once the custom style (color in this case) takes affect, it doesn't switch to another style, in certain cases. For example, as I'm typing "functionName()", once I type "(" the text correctly changes to the custom color. However, it does not switch colors once I backspace from after ")" to the "m" ("functionNam"). A comparison would be to typing "double" and having it colored blue after the "e" and back to black when backspacing to "l" ("doubl").

Comments (3)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
When I try adding them programmatically, they take effect without me having to do anything like typing. Can you tell me where/how you are setting them and maybe even email a code sample? It would be best if the code that can be plugged into the sample application to demonstrate the issues. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by Campion
fyi...the necessary files/code to see this happen in the C# sample app have just been emailed to Actipro support.
Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the sample... I believe all the issues are resolved in the next maintenance release now.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.