Posted 18 years ago by Nifilo
Hi,

I'm working with a evaluation version of Syntax Editor, before purchase the full version I wanted to knowif exist an event like "NewLine" when i add a new line in the document.

thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Nifilo,

You can handle the SyntaxEditor.DocumentModification event and look at the type of modification. There is a special type defined for when Enter (newline) is pressed. What were you trying to accomplish with it?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Nifilo
Hi,

I want to create an editor for an our programming language.
I can trace event when an user add or remove a line in the editor, for the new line event your idea is very good but for the remove line event ? I have no idea.
Perhaps i can use the tokens in the editor, because the lines that I editing is between two tag (<SECTION></SECTION>).
The documentation for the Syntax Editor is in the full version ?

thanks
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Actually that same DocumentModification event passes you a Modification object which indicates things like the number of lines that were inserted/deleted, at which offset the modification occurred, what text was inserted/deleted, etc. It provides a ton of information. That would probably be what you want to use.

Yes the evaluation has everything the full release has.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.