Keyboard cut & paste bug

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Ernesto Serrano - Software Developer, VyS Yecla S.L.
Hello,

I'm probing my application and I get an rare behavior.

In some cases cut & paste with the shortcut keys (CTRL + X, CTRL + V) in a control contained in a TabbedDocument doesn't do anything, but if I change is state to floating the keyboard shortcuts works well, also if y re-change the state to tabbeddocument again the keyboards continuing works well, seems that only occours when I activate a tabbeddocument, where is the problem?

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Curiously, if I use CTRL + SHIFT + X or CTRL + SHIFT + V works well in all cases

This only occours in controls added to actipro's controls

Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ernesto,

We have an Enabled property on each shortcut that you can set to false. We recommend setting it to false for common shortcuts like Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+C, Del, Ctrl+A, and Ctrl+Z. Because otherwise, the BarManager may intercept those keys instead of letting them go to the appropriate child control with focus.

Can you change your app to disable those shortcut keys and reply as to whether that helps?

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

Thanks for reply, but I've not found any shortcut property in DockManager, can you indicate where is this (note that I'm not using your toolbars, I'm using Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 ToolStrip and MenuStrip

Thanks!
Keyboard shortcuts have nothing to do with docking controls since they are tied to bar commands. So you want to look at each BarCommand, which has a KeyboardShortcuts collection. You can define shortcuts at design-time using the designer. And on that dialog is an option for each shortcut as to whether to let them be "enabled" or not.

For instance this propery corresponds to what you are changing in that dialog:
barManager.Commands["Edit.Cut"].KeyboardShortcuts[0].Enabled

Actipro Software Support

But, if I'm not using your barManager what is happening with the keyboard shortcuts, If I use a project without actipro's dockmanager the keyboard shortcuts works well, but with the dockmanager doesn't work well

Any idea?

Thanks!
In that case, please send us a tiny project that shows the issue and we can debug it. Thanks.

Actipro Software Support

I'm sorry, the bug is in my code, when I'm creating a sample app I see that one of the the toolwindows has a mergable MenuStripItem that have shortcuts.

Thanks for your help and I apologize for the annoyances
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.