Issue with UserMargin and General Question

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Ashton - Developer, Schema Solutions LLC
I am using the UserMargin to draw some text and some polygons and when I scroll down some of the user margin areas seem to not be painted properly. When I click on the offending lines or in general scroll to them it seems to correct the painting problem.

It seems to be the same line that is having the issue so not sure what the problem might be.

Also, what is the easiest way in SyntaxEditor to have lines colored with different background regions? I for example want to make lines 1,2,5 & 7 Red and then 3,4 and 6 yellow (the entire line).

Is there an easy way to do this or do I just need to create span regions?

Thanks,

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ashton,

Could you make a repro of the drawing bug either in our sample project or in a small project of your own and send that over so we can debug it? Thanks!

Each DocumentLine has a BackColor property you can use for the background color.

Actipro Software Support

I sent the screenshots and the paint method I'm using.

If that doesn't help, let me know and I will try to create a small app tp reproduce.

Thanks,
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ashton,

You were basing your drawing off of e.ClipRectangle which may not always extend over the entire user margin display line bounds. If you change it to e.DisplayLineBounds instead, it seems to work fine. Try that out.

Actipro Software Support

That seemed to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Ashton
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.