Document Window Context Menus

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Marianne
With the legacy DockableWindow app, there was an easy way to find out what the context menu items being displayed were. Is there a way to do that now with UIStudio? In other words, how do I know whether the 'Create Vertical Tab Group' or 'Move to next tab group' items are going to be displayed? I would need to know this in order to create context menu items that were being displayed in addition to any existing items.

Would it be possible to include the list of menu items in the event args so that when handling the context menu we can add your items to our own?

------------------------------- Marianne

Comments (2)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I don't believe DockableWindow had anything to do that but UIStudio does.

Each TabbedMdiWindow (base class of tool and document windows) in UIStudio has 3 methods that you can use to know what to display and their state:
IsMenuItemChecked
IsMenuItemEnabled
IsMenuItemVisible

They each take a TabbedMdiWindowContextMenuItemType parameter. Those let you build your own custom menus with the appropriate states.

Check out UIStudio's DockForm.windowMenuItem_Popup method to see an example of how to use them.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Marianne
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

------------------------------- Marianne

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.