Overriding scrollbars

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Damir Bulic
I'm trying to replace SyntaxEditor scrollbars with another ones which are using the same skin I'm using in the rest of my app. To do this, I set ScrollBarType to None and docked two DevExpres scrollbars on sides of your SyntaxEditor. Now, which properties should I read from your editor (and on which events to react) to correctly set scrollbars' position and size?

Thanks,
Damir

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The value of the horizontal scrollbar is EditorView.FirstVisibleX and the vertical scrollbar is EditorView.FirstVisibleDisplayLineIndex. The vertical scrollbar max is based off of the display line count and visible display lines (EditorView.VisibleDisplayLineCount). The horizontal max is much more complicated and that information might not be available to you via any public properties.

Part of the new feature set we've implemented for v4.0 is that you have total control over rendering, including the scrollbars. So once that is available you can simply use ours but draw them using whatever method you want.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.