Vertical Text Alignment

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Jason Tobiasz
How do you change the vertical text alignment, so that it can be top, bottom, center, etc?

Comments (6)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jason,

SyntaxEditor acts like a normal TextBox and always aligns text to the top of the control. Maybe you could reply with what you are trying to accomplish.

Actipro Software Support

I am showing line numbers with a font size of 50. I have changed the minimum line height to 50 so that all the line numbers show up in the line margin. The text for each line is vertically aligned at the top.

This is an example of what I have:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7287/top3lj.gif

I want it so that the text is vertically aligned to the bottom, like this:

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/6739/bottom3ef.gif

SORRY - I CANT GET THE STUPID LINKS TO WORK.

[Modified at 07/12/2006 09:57 AM]
No problem, I looked at them. In v4.0 text in the text area is rendered using a baseline so that multiple fonts can be used. So it ends up being more like your bottom-align picture. Although the line number margin text is still centered in the display line. Is that sufficient?

Actipro Software Support

Should be fine.

Ah, two questions I had this morning and both answers were: it's in v4. Hmm...Can't wait...
We can't wait either... the number of new features is enormous and growing daily.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Wielage Dirk
The Text alignment is better know.
But it looks like that there is still an one pixel offset in the vertical alignment of the text!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.