What about Windows98SE?!?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Jan Ruhländer
Config Info:
SyntaxEditor V3.1.0200, .NET Framework 2.0, WindowsXP (problem os: Windows98SE)

Hello,

I have strange problems with your Actipro SyntaxEditor control on Windows98SE!
I didn't tested it but i think the same problem will appear on WindowsME.

SyntaxEditor draws a copy of the control in the upper-left corner onto the desktop and also
onto the taskbar if the Slit-View ability of SyntaxEditor is used.
It covers my application and looks really, really bad to customers.

I hoped to solve the problem by deactivating the split-view ability of SyntaxEditor,
but the same problem re-appears if i show more than !one! SyntaxEditor control in any
way (docked in a docking-manager, in a splitViewContainer, in panels, ...).

It's imported to me that my application runs on all supported operating systems
of the .NET Framework 2.0.

Is this bug allready known?!? And if, when will it be fixed?
Will there be a bugfix for the Version 3.1 of SyntaxEditor or am i constrained to buy the
version 4.0 to get a working SyntaxEditor Control for Windows98SE and WindowsME?

best regards,
jr

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks, we were not aware of this before because we only test on Windows 2000 and XP. It took us a while to find a CD for WinMe but we did locate one.

I looked at our drawing routines and made a couple adjustments. It seemed to get SyntaxEditor drawing again ok. However the OwnerDrawMenu items we use in our sample app for some reason blow up for some reason in WinMe. So I don't have a robust test app to try it out with. If you'd like us to send you new builds of the Shared/WinUICore libraries with the tweaks so that you can try them on a Win98 machine, just send over an e-mail and we can walk you through it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Jan Ruhländer
The mailed libraries are working fine on Windows98SE!

Good work Actipro, keep on your good work!
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Excellent... that's great to hear! Thanks for testing. The fixes you tested will appear in the next set of Shared/WinUICore libraries that are released.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.