CompleteWord Case sensitivity...

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Robert Conde - Senior Systems Engineer, a.i. solutions
Currently we have two key words in our language...'Step' and 'step'. While the wisdom of that choice could be debated, it has caused a problem with the IntelliPromptMemberList. Both keywords are in the list and when you type 'Step' it highlights 'step' even though 'Step' is right below it. Then when you press space, it replaces the correct 'Step' with the incorrect 'step'. Though perhaps less likely, the same problem would occur if we had two variables 'myVar' and 'MyVar'. Is there a way to fix this?

Robert Conde

Comments (6)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Robert,

Hmmm, not right now but I'll add it to the TODO list to see what we can do about it.

Actipro Software Support

Well, would it be possible to give me the CompleteWord psuedo code so that I could implement my own version which works the way we need?

Rob

Robert Conde

I was just looking at the code and unfortunately it calls a lot of internal methods, like for doing the search using the core ListBox itself and doing virtual selections in cases where there is a non-exact match, etc. So it wouldn't do any good to post anything. It is on our list to see what we can do though.

Actipro Software Support

This is now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Great!!! Do you have a target date for that release, or is it just based upon a threshold of fixes?

Robert Conde

It's probably just a threshold of fixes right now.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.