Posted 18 years ago by Martin Wawrusch 2
Hi guys,

now that WPF is nearing completion the question comes up: When will a WPF version of Syntax Editor released?

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Martin,

Well we first need to get v4.0 done. :) We've looked at the framework for doing a custom editor control using WPF and while it looks like they do give some classes for implementing such an editor, we're not sure if it supports some advanced features we'd need to have that are found in v4.0 such as block selection, virtual space, etc. So it will require more investigation before it can be determined if an editor in WPF is even feasible.

However SyntaxEditor will work in a WPF application as-is because WPF does support the loading of WinForms controls. We have an early adoptor customer now who we talk to that is writing an application in WPF and uses the SyntaxEditor 4.0 private beta as well.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for your feedback.

It works, yes, I have it (3.1 something) running here too under WPF, but it's obviously a visual distraction, to say the least. I hope that you guys have the time to look into this pretty soon, as WPF is going to change the development world a lot. I have seen too many technologically superior companies going down because they missed a paradigm change, and I really hope that's not happening with you.

PS: Is the 4.0 beta public yet? I need to write a parser next week, would like to do that using the 4.0 version instead of sand-stone.com 's parser (A company that's a fine example for ignoring paradigma changes).
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Just about... working on documentation in preparation for the public beta release.

Actipro Software Support

Great, thx a lot.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.