BkSpc or Delete key does not update the modified property

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Karl Grambow
Hi,

I'm using SyntaxEditor v4.0.230.0, .NET 1.1, Win XP.

First let me just tell you what a great job you've done on the latest version - I love it. I've just about finished migrating my old 3.1 code so that it works with the new version. No doubt there are many improvements I can make but it's taken me a while to integrate into the the new version so I haven't fully explored where I can improve.

I've noticed that if the Delete or BackSpace key is pressed such that some white space is deleted that the Modified property is not updated to True and the LineModification color is not changed to yellow. Same happens if I select some white space and Cut.

Regards,

Karl

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Karl,

I haven't been able to duplicate it in the sample project. Could you give me steps to reproduce in the sample so that I can debug if there is a problem?

Also make sure you have Document.LineModificationMarkingEnabled to get the marks to show up. Otherwise the marks will not be tracked or displayed.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. To duplicate this open the Quick Starts: Line Highlighting form. Enable line modification marking, place the caret on line number 6 (or 12) and press the Delete key.

The problem is only seen when the caret's starting position and ending position (after you BkSpc or Delete) is on a line that contains only white space. So if you pressed the BkSpc button, because the caret will then end up on line 5 (which has non-white space tokens on it) the line modification mark appears correctly.

Regards,

Karl
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Karl,

Thanks, got this fixed for the next beta. Also, while the marks weren't showing properly, it does appears that the Modified property was being updated properly. You had originally said the Modified property wasn't updated either. Are you sure that is the case?

Actipro Software Support

Thanks.

Actually, I'm not certain that the Modified property was not being updated. I just assumed (incorrectly it seems) that with the mark not being updated the Modified property wasn't either. I should have checked this.

Regards,

Karl
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.