Posted 18 years ago by Norm Penrod
I can't figure out what I am missing regarding operators. Following the example of the Simple language, I created my various operators enclosed in the tags "<Token IsSignificant="false">OperatorOrPunctuatorStart</Token>" and "<Token IsSignificant="false">OperatorOrPunctuatorEnd</Token>". When I generate the files I have a cs file for evey ast node as expected but the OperatorType.cs which holds the enum for operators in the Simple language isn't created. Does that enum have to be built by hand? Since I have nearly 50 operators it would be nice to have it auto-generated.

Regards,
Norm

[Modified at 09/03/2006 10:18 PM]

Comments (2)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Norm,

Yes we manually built that enumeration since it doesn't really match the contents of the Operator/Punctuation tokens, although there generally is a good amount of overlap.

Would it help if we have some facility for generating enumerations of various types, such as for OperatorType?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Norm Penrod
I'm for anything that can be generated automatically in order to save time and avoid tracking down typo problems. :-) I believe this would be helpful for developing complex languages especially as a beginner. I know I have regenerated my code at least ten times while adding an operator here and an operator there (among other things) that I missed in the original definition. It would be useful to have it generated so that everything stays in sync. However, I wouldn't say this is a high priority.

Thanks for the quick response especially on a holiday. You all should really get some rest. ;-)

Regards,
Norm
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.