Line highlight in 4.0 request

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Paul Hasselfeldt
Hi,

Let me start by saying what you've done on the latest version is great.

I have been playing with the new line highlights and was hoping to find a way that I could control the line border colors of the upper or lower borders independently not just both on/off. Similar features on the span indicator would be nice but for each left, right, top and bottom independenty.

Thanks,
Paul

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Paul,

Just so we get a better idea of how this would be used, could you describe what you would be doing with each of those features?

The line highlight separation would be easier to implement than the span indicator separation but we can look into it.

Along with this thought, there are borders for the selection and for current line highlight. Do you see any need to separate those out as well or is a single border color good for those?

Actipro Software Support

Here are some specific examples that I was looking for:
1) setting the background color for a series of lines and then the top border of the first line and the bottom border of the last line to darker color for accent
2) setting just the top or bottom color to denote the start/end of a section similar to a Content Divider.

An implementation similar to the addition of two 2 new properties BorderTopColor and BorderBottomColor would work. The original property BorderColor would then set both of these, although there would be an issue on the get of BorderColor if the BorderTopColor and BorderBottomColor had been set to different values.

The only reason I was mentioning the span indicators was for consistency.
The next beta release has BorderTopColor and BorderBottomColor properties and the LineHighlight QuickStart shows them in action.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks, Look forward to testing it ... any idea when the next Beta release will be?
Probably Friday or Saturday. It's a fairly large update with new features and new QuickStarts.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.