BarPopupButton Render Issue

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
Hi,

I've found an issue with the BarPopupButton exceeding the available standalone toolbar space when the button is set to display text and the text is longer than there is room on the toolbar to fully render. The button still functions, but the right side of it is clipped so that the down arrow glyph and some of the text is not visible. I've created a small sample project that demonstrates this behavior that I'll email to you. What I expected to see was that the button would expand to take up any available room on the toolbar and trim the text (same trimming behavior as menus) as needed so that a whole buttton is displayed.

Thanks... Rick

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the report. Right now it will just fill with whatever you specify. The standalone toolbars don't have the chevron menu so they can't simply pop off when there is a button that exceeds the width either. Until we get a resolution for this, you will probably have to ensure that your button text isn't too long as a workaround.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
Would it be possible to have the text on the button automatically trimmed so that the button size does not exceed the amount of available space on the toolbar? This approach would eliminate the need to add the chevron menu and associated pop off logic to the standalone toolbar.

Thanks... Rick
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I did some testing and it looks like the standard ToolStrip (when not docked and acting like a standalone toolbar) will draw the item as long as it is. So really the text should be trimmed on your end to ensure that it isn't longer than a certain length.

In the case of ToolStrip, it will show a chevron menu if there is overflow. That is probably the direction we'll go with ours as well. I'll add it to the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.