Syntax Editor XML Schema support?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Chris Bunker
Does the Syntax Editor control support XML Schemas? I'm setting up the control to open XML documents and I'm looking for autocomplete(intellisense) for valid elements/attributes based on a schema. Also, any validation of a loaded document with a provided schema would be great too. For that, red squiggles under invalid elements/attributes and/or a list of errors/warnings would be ideal.

Thanks,
Chris

Comments (6)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Chris,

It doesn't have that yet but it's something we have planned for the advanced XML language that will be part of the future Web languages add-on.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Chris Bunker
Thanks for the reply. Do you have a rough estimate on when this would be available? Weeks/Months/etc?
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Not sure yet... right now we're working on updating the web site for v4.0 and then will be working on finalizing the v4.0 beta since it is going very well. After that we most likely will work on language add-ons a little.

We did some preliminary research on the XML features a long time back, so it's not really fresh right now. Depending on how hard it is will determine whether it gets done before or after a VB.NET language implementation for instance.

But hopefully we can take a look at it in the next several weeks again. If you'd like to work with us on it, then that would be great.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Chris,

The next maintenance release now has XSD validation errors indicated in squiggle line indicators implemented along with the XML Reflection QuickStart form showing an errors list. It's a very cool feature.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Chris Bunker
That's great! I'll be taking a look at that. I've been trying out the intellisense completion feature as part of the XML language pack. It's been working really well for me. Is there a rough timeframe as to when that will be released?

Thanks,
Chris
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Probably next week sometime.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.