Intelliprompt for types?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by priebe
We're a little late to the party. We had licensed v2.0 and haven't kept up with updates. In v2.0, as I recall, while we could get Intelliprompt to come up on our classes and namespaces, we could not get it to prompt when someone was trying to use an instance of our classes. As I recall this just wasn't supported. Is this changed in v3.1 or 4.0beta?

For instance, if I have an assembly called:
Company.Component.dll with a Company.Component namespace
I add that as a referenece and then present a VB.Net syntax editor.

If the user types:
dim a as Company.Component -- we could then pop up an Intelliprompt that had the public classes

However, if the user then went on to type:
a. -- we could not prompt a list of public members accessible

Thanks for any insight.

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi there,

We currently have completely automated IntelliPrompt features such as what you are describing for the C# language in the .NET Languages Add-on that is available for the v4.0 beta. We just posted a web site containing information on the add-on. You can check it out from the Products menu.

Right now it only has a C# language definition but we do plan on adding a VB.NET language definition with the same sort of features very soon.

I encourage you to download the SyntaxEditor v4.0 beta (which includes the evaluation of the add-on) to see the really great features that it has.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by billb - Software Craftsman, Yye Software
I encourage you as well. It is very slick.
Posted 18 years ago by priebe
Thanks. I'll definitely look into it. VB.Net syntax is a requirement for us, so hopefully that'll be resolved quickly. If it is, it's definitely something we'll be picking up.
Posted 18 years ago by billb - Software Craftsman, Yye Software
Yes, I'd like the VB.NET as well, but C# was a much higher priority. Although no official date on the VB.NET stuff, I think I heard that its going to be easier since a lot of common problems were solved in the C# implementation.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.