Exception in renderer

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro User
Hello: Several users of my application have reported the following exception. Is this a known issue? How soon will the fix be available?
Thanks!

System.ArgumentException: Rectangle '{X=-87.01,Y=-45.01,Width=152,Height=0}' cannot have a width or height equal to 0.
at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush..ctor(RectangleF rect, Color color1, Color color2, Single angle, Boolean isAngleScaleable)
at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush..ctor(RectangleF rect, Color color1, Color color2, Single angle)
at ActiproSoftware.Drawing.TwoColorLinearGradient.Draw(Graphics g, Rectangle bounds, Rectangle gradientBounds, Color startColor, Color endColor, Single angle, TwoColorLinearGradientStyle style, Single focus, Single scale)
at ActiproSoftware.Drawing.TwoColorLinearGradient.Draw(Graphics g, Rectangle bounds, Rectangle gradientBounds, Sides side)
at ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.VisualStudio2002DockRenderer.DrawDockObjectSplitter(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle bounds, IDockObject dockObject, Orientation orientation)
at fv.a(PaintEventArgs A_0)
at ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.UIElement.Render(PaintEventArgs e)
at ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.UIControl.OnRenderChildElements(PaintEventArgs e)
at ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.UIControl.Render(PaintEventArgs e)
at ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.UIControl.a(PaintEventArgs A_0)
at ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.UIControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I don't believe you have the latest maintenance release then. If you have the latest release with the latest Shared library, that problem should never occur. I believe it was fixed in Shared v1.0.0076. What version of UIStudio and Shared do you have? If it's not the latest then please download the latest from your Customer Relations Organization Purchases page and use that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro User
Thanks. I updated the binaries, but now another issue has occurred - when tool windows are resized using the splitters the expanded areas are not redrawn. The binaries I'm using are:

ActiproSoftware.Shared.Net20 : 1.0.82
ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.Net20 : 2.0.72
ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.Net20 : 1.0.82

Is this a known issue?
Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We're not aware of anything like that and the same drawing code there has been in place for a long time. Could you please put together a tiny sample project that shows this and email it over so we can take a look and debug it? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.