Printpreview/Printing Font

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Tab Hockamier
How do I set the font size and type for print preview and printing to printer?

I only find fond references for the editor itself...

Comments (14)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Right now, it is using the editor's font for printing. We will add a TODO item to make the printer-specific font configurable.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Tab Hockamier
ok, well that would be fine if wordwrap worked - I am using the latest v4.x assembly and I have wordwrap = wordwraptype.word set and it has no effect.

Does this work in v3.x?
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Did you set the word wrap option on the SyntaxEditor.PrintSettings object? It's working fine over here. And I believe it's set to word wrap for printing by default.

I am testing in the SDI application sample by loading it and just hitting print preview.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Ernst
WordWrap doesn't work for me too.

Here is what I do:
syntaxEditor.Document.Text = Text;
syntaxEditor.PrintSettings.DocumentTitle = Name;
syntaxEditor.PrintSettings.ExpandOutliningNodes = true;
syntaxEditor.PrintSettings.WordWrap = WordWrapType.Word;

All long lines are just cut off. For example there is long line which ends with ": bool". It prints like ": bo". It doesn't continue on the next line.

I tried WordWrapType.Token with same effect.

I'm using the latest version.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Can you either give exact steps to duplicate it in the sample project or make a project of your own that shows it and email that over? It's working fine for me when I test in the sample project with those settings.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Tab Hockamier
I switched the printing over to activereports so I no longer have the code - simply put it did not work using either v3 or v4 - perhaps some nunit tests would sort out where the issue is - I can only remember it was with the printing and I followed the example

Hope that helps but I have long since moved on

I will be working with the editor component very soon so I might have time to address this again..
I just emailed the project which reproduces wrapping bug. It is not reproducible with the demo.
cool, maybe they will fix this - it is quite annoying to have to utilize another reporting tool to print code files from the editor...

thanks!
Hi Ernst,

I'm not seeing it come through on our inbox or in our spam folder. Could you try emailing over a regular message without the attachment so we can ensure we're getting emails from you? I wonder if a server spam filter deleted it and didn't stick it in the folder where normally spam mails go.

Or perhaps post a link to it if you can upload it to a web site.

Actipro Software Support

Please download it from here:
http://www.remotegalaxy.net/WrapTest.zip

Thanks,
Ernst
Here are the steps:

1) Hit the first button on my sample form: there will be long line of text displayed. You’ll notice that the bottom scroll box doesn’t reflect the line length.
2) Hit the second button. The print preview doesn’t wrap the line.

Regards,
Ernst
Thanks so much for the repro project.

Both bugs are now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

when will the next release be then? roughly?
Should be relatively soon... we have a number of updates/fixes already completed.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.