Floating ToolWindows StartPosition property

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Ernesto Serrano - Software Developer, VyS Yecla S.L.
Is possible to add a property to define the StarPosition of a ToolWindow similar to Windows.Forms.Form.StarPosition property?

Thanks!

Comments (9)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ernesto,

You shouldn't need it. You can set up various properties such as State, FloatingLocation, etc. before activating the control to achieve that sort of feature.

Actipro Software Support

Yes, I know and I'm actually calculating the center position of screen with my own function, I only ask if is possible to add the property because is easier and fastest to set up when I'm daily making a sample new project for any purpose.

Thanks!
Are you just trying to do this the first time and then whenever it is activated after that it will be based on where the end user last left it?

Actipro Software Support

I'm sorry, but I think we are talking about two different things.

I usually need to make various very simple apps to make a specific task, an I usually use ActiPro's docking controls in most of them, make a template project is not possible for various reasons, there are no problem if you can't add this property, the need is solved with my own functions, but is fastest for me set a property value when I need this than attach a class file with my function or reference a library containing this function, only this.

Thanks!

[Modified at 10/02/2006 08:47 AM]
So really you would probably just want a method on ToolWindow like SetFloatingLocation that lets you specify center screen or center over host? Then your code would be wrapped in there?

My question in the last post was more about if you need this startup position to happen EVERY time the window is activated or only the first time the application is run?

Actipro Software Support

Every time
Ok, so this would simply take effect when you either double-click a docked tool window, switch a tool window to floating state programmatically, or activate a hidden tool window that was previously in a floating state, correct?

And the options would be Manual, CenterScreen, and CenterParent?

I can add this suggestion to the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Yes, the values in System.Windows.Forms.FormStartPosition enum.

Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago by edward mcdowell
I too would like to see this--support of the forms enumeration for window positioning. Someting as simple as:

toolWindow.StartPosition = FormStartPosition.CenterScreen
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.