ParameterInfo question

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Karl Grambow
Hi, this is a v4 question regarding ParameterInfo.

I notice you have automated the process of identifying which parameter the caret is currently resting on when showing a ParameterInfo. The current parameter is shown in bold.

Is this functionality restricted to the C# addon language? I'd like to implement this functionality in another lanugage. I checked out the SimpleSyntaxLanguage and although it has methods for capturing the parameters it doesn't automatically bold the currently active parameter.

I've implemented my own version of this functionality in SyntaxEditor v3 but it's a bit messy and slow and I figured I'd be better off utilising your own methods if possible.

Thanks,

Karl

Comments (6)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Karl,

We still need to improve the demo of the parameter info in the Simple language to show that sort of thing. There are a lot of new helpers for doing this sort of thing (like parameter index tracking, etc.) in v4.0. While we have a complete implementation of it in the C# add-on, any language can do the same sort of thing.

We're hoping to release the final 4.0 today. We'll try and get a demo of parameter tracking in soon though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Karl Grambow
That's great news!

I'll be downloading the full release later on or tomorrow. The only thing that daunts me is the scale of v 4.0. I imagine it will take a year (if not more) of using it to realize its full potential. That's a good thing though.

I do have one further question. When I began migrating my code from 3.x to 4.0 obviously there were several changes I needed to make Amongst those changes, the Token class no longer existed. I found that everything worked just fine if I replaced references to Token with references to the new TokenBase class. I was just wondering if using the TokenBase class instead of Token is good practice.

Thanks,

Karl
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Actually it's IToken interface since a token could potentially be any class type. It's up to the language designer to determine that.

When upgrading, make sure you examine the "Converting from Version 3.x to 4.0" topic. It explains a lot of this. Also the Readme has a detailed Release History of all breaking changes and how things were renamed, etc.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Karl,

Just FYI, the next maintenance release has code in SimpleSyntaxLanguage that demos bolding of the selected parameter that updates as you move the caret around.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Karl Grambow
That's great. Thanks for the update.

By the way, do you mean the next upcoming release or do you mean release 234 (which was only out a few days ago)?

Karl
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
It will be in the upcoming release, probably build 235.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.