FixedToolWindow key handlers

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Michael Janulaitis - CEO, Corner Bowl Software Corporation
I have a FixedToolWindow I used to search a control in my main form. My main form is using the ActiPro command bars. One of the commands executes when the user presses the Delete button. When focused within my FixedToolWindow, I do not want the BarCommand handler to be called when the user presses the delete button. For examle when the delete a character in a test box. How do I override the handler?

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You can "disable" keyboard shortcuts by setting their Enabled property to false. Doing that will still show the Delete shortcut in the UI but will do nothing when it is clicked. We generally recommend that you disable keys like Delete, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V, etc. since each child control processes those differently.

An alternative approach is to do a check in your Delete command processing to see if that control has focus. And if so, don't do your default behavior. But for the Delete key, the first approach is probably better.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.