Error when trying to Print Help docs

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Bob Puckett
When trying to print from the Help docs, I choose the option to print all subheadings and then I get an error dialog "An eror has occured in the script on this page". Selecting YES to continue a few times allows printing to conbtinue, but then the Help system is unable to change topics and must be closed and restarted.

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bob,

Hmmm... I see what you mean. Thanks for the heads up... we'll try and track down what's wrong.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Bob Puckett
There still does not appear to be a way to correctly print the docs using the latest release. Selecting the "Getting Started" won't print correctly at all. If you try to print just the selected topic, you get just what is displayed on the scree - not the full topic. If you try to print all subtopics, it prints information from the overview, not Getting Started (after numerous error dialogs).

Is there a PDF version of the docs that can be printed in the interim?

Thanks.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info, unfortunately we don't have a PDF available.

We are currently looking into converting from our in-house documentation builder over to Sandcastle. If you haven't heard about that, it's an open source documentor built by Microsoft that builds MSDN-like output. Up until recently it wasn't all that stable but now that it's looking better, we are working on how to convert our "extra" non-class library topics over. Once we migrate to Sandcastle, things like this shouldn't be an issue any more.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.