Reflection on external refernces fails

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by David Revivo
Hi,

I am running your demo application and when I add a reference to some dlls i get the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

System.StackOverflowException was unhandled
{Cannot evaluate expression because the current thread is in a stack overflow state.}

I am running version dot net v2.0.50727 and 4.0.233.0 Syntax editor on a WinXp SP2 machine.

I will email the dll that i am trying to reference as well.

David

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Product Version: SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on v4.0.233

It appears to be due to the generic type contraint in ReadOnlyListBase<T, C> on T being ReadOnlyListBase<T, C>, therefore causing infinite recursion. Can you provide some information on why it's done that way and what you are trying to achieve? That will help us determine how best to fix it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by David Revivo
Hi This class is part of the CSLA business object framework supplied by Rockford Lhotka.

you can post any questions in there forum http://forums.lhotka.net/.

the forum is very active and you should get a quick response there.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

Wow, got this fixed but it forced a somewhat major redesign of the reflection cache internals to be able to handle it. If you'd like to try out the fix, send over an email.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.