ErrorProvider on TabStripPages

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Ernesto Serrano - Software Developer, VyS Yecla S.L.
Version: 2.0.73
Hello,

I'm using the ErrorProvider class to show a blink icon near the desired control to request the user attention.

Is possible to do this with TabStrip (and TabbedDocuments and ToolWindows if possible), or blink the backcolor of the desider tab?

I am thinking about something similar to the DataGridViewCell's DataError property.

The example TabStrip: (The @ is the blinking erroricon)

|--------|--------|--------|
| Page1  | Page2  | Page3 @|
|        |--------|--------|--------------|
|                                         |
|-----------------------------------------|
Thanks!

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ernesto,

Sure you should be able to do that although it would take a little bit of customization. Here's what I would envision you needing to do:

1) Create a class that inherits TabStripPage. Add a property to that, something like HasError.

2) Create a renderer that overrides one of our existing renderers. Then when measuring/drawing a tab, if it has an error, make the tab wider and draw the error indicator.

3) Create a class that inherits TabStrip and maybe put a blink Timer on that. Then in your renderer look at whether the blink should be displayed or hidden at the time it is painted. Toggle the display flag each time the Timer interval expires.

Hope that helps!

[Modified at 10/24/2006 12:51 PM]

Actipro Software Support

Ok, seems be a good idea, but for a blink in TabbedMDIWindow Tab what class I need tho inherit?

Thanks!
Inheriting the DocumentWindowTabStripRenderer and overriding the DrawTabStripTab method I get all I need, now I can blink the backcolor, and more important, I can set different colors for each tab ;-)

Thanks for the idea!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.