Doesn't change Focus on Horizontal Tab

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Gianni Gardini - Italy
Version: 2.0.73
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
- Create two DocumentWindows with a Toolbar
- Move one DocumentWindow in New Horizontal Tab Group
- The second DocumentWindow has focus (title is bold)
- Click on the Toolbar of first Document Window
- The second DocumentWindow has still focus (title of the 1st DocumentWindow is not bold)

I'm expeting to have the focus in the first DocumentWindow.

I'll send you a sample.

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Brian O'Neil
I have this same problem. If there is a solution or work-around please post it here.

thank you,

-Brian
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
This is actually a feature that is causing this side effect. Our toolbars won't steal focus from other controls. And therefore since when you click on the toolbar the focus isn't being moved to the toolbar, the DocumentWindow doesn't get bolded. You can see the original DocumentWindow with focus still keeps focus.

Normally this is desirable since if you are using the Bar controls on a main form and a floating tool window has focus, you don't want it to lose focus when clicking the main form's menu.

A workaround would be to process the CommandClick event of the BarManager in use. When that occurs, in your event handler simply call Activate on the containing DocumentWindow if it is not the DockManager.SelectedDocument.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Gianni Gardini - Italy
Ok.
I'll add these few lines of code when needed.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.