Form Background Image

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Gianni Gardini - Italy
Version: 2.0.73
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
In a form with a DockManager, if I set the property Form.BackgroundImage I can see the BackgroundImage only in DockManager.DocumentMdiStyle = Standard.
I can not see the image in DockManager.DocumentMdiStyle = Tabbed.

I can not see any image at all at design time (that's is not a great problem).

My application actually start with no DocumentWindow open and I need to display a background.

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Tabbed MDI uses a property off the DockRenderer that is in use. Many of the DockRenderer implementations have a TabbedMdiRootContainerBackgroundFill property. You can set that to an ImageBackgroundFill to achieve this.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for the quick reply.
Can you explain how to find TabbedMdiRootContainerBackgroundFill property?
I can not find the right way.

this.dockManager.DockRenderer is IDockRenderer type
IDockRenderer doesn't have a TabbedMdiRootContainerBackgroundFill property.

Do I have to cast?
I don't know what concrete Renderer I have because in InitializeComponent I only have:
this.uiRendererManager1.ColorSchemeType = WindowsColorSchemeType.WindowsClassic;
(now...maybe that will change in future)

It's uiRendererManager who does all the work of creating the Renderers, I can access only the interface.

Is there a way to know what Renderer I have in dockManager.DockRenderer?
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The resolved renderer is always in DockManager.DockRendererResolved. If you have a DockManager.DockRenderer set, it returns that. Otherwise, it returns the global renderer.

The default global renderer will either be VisualStudio2005DockRenderer or Office2003DockRenderer depending on the ColorSchemeType type you chose. I think in your case it will be VisualStudio2005DockRenderer.

So yes, you will want to cast it. You can always do a type check to see what is in the DockRendererResolved property and change your cast based on that.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks, it works!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.