VB.NET syntax highlighting out of the box .. how ?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Aric
I read another post about some changes in 4.0 to where ActiPro looks in the assembly... but from that, still couldn't get this working.

I want to build a simple app (VB.NET), that will display a vb.net file, and have it support code-collapsing, highlighting, etc., but I get the following error:

An error occurred while loading the DynamicSyntaxLanguage '{Unknown}':
The syntax language type 'TestApplication.VBDotNetDynamicSyntaxLanguage, TestApplication' could not be loaded.
The problem occurred near line 1, position 2
in Unknown Stream.

What is the easiest way to get this to work? All I want to do is use the VBDotNet.xml file, and have it do some syntax highlighting.

[Modified at 10/30/2006 02:26 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The code collapsing is implemented in the code behind file for the dynamic language XML definition. It is looking for a TestApplication.VBDotNetDynamicSyntaxLanguage class in the TestApplication assembly. You need to take that class from the sample project and put it in your assembly. Then open the VBDotNet.xml file and in the root tag, change the "namespace/type, assembly" reference to load the class in your assembly instead.

The "Loading a DynamicSyntaxLanguage Implementation" section in the "Dynamic Languages Guide / Loading and Saving" documentation topic explains all of this so check that out.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Aric
Apologies for not RTFM.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hehe... not a problem. It's a big manual, sometimes it's tough to find things.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.