Architecture question - multi-tabbed editor

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 20 years ago by shark92651
Does SyntaxEditor have support for quickly switching "documents" so that the status of the current document is preserved: current cursor position, modified state, expansion of regions, etc... I'm sure I could use multiple SyntaxEditor components, one for each page, but I fear that could be a huge resource hog.

Comments (3)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
That is something we really want to implement for a future major release. So that you could switch Document objects. Would you need to retain undo stack as well?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by shark92651
Absolutely. What is the best approach to handle this in the interim? Multiple components or manually saving/restoring the state of all this data. Is it possible to save/restore Undo stack? Bear in mind that there could be multiple languages loaded as well.
Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Probably have multiple instances of the control. However make sure you have them share the same instance of a SyntaxLanguage. That will help you save on memory a little.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.