Posted 17 years ago by Kasper
Version: 4.0.0234
Hi,

I'm trying to use the ParameterInfo to show information about PHP functions. It works fine, however, I would like to use the ParameterIndex to make the current parameter bold. How is this done best? I have tried to repopulate the Info collection on IntelliPromptParameterInfoParameterIndexChanged, but the changes are not reflected unless I call the Show() method, which in turn gives me some other problems. How should I act on this?

Also, what is the proper way to set the ValidTextRange? I read in the documentation that this has to be set for the ParameterIndex to be updated automatically. I just set it like this:

editor.IntelliPrompt.ParameterInfo.ValidTextRange = new TextRange(editor.SelectedView.Selection.EndOffset, editor.Text.Length);

But I assume there's a better way?

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kasper,

We've had an item on the TODO list to demo this in the Simple language but hadn't gotten to it yet. However it's now implemented for the next maintenance release. If you'd like a preview of the updated SimpleSyntaxLanguage, send over an email requesting whether you'd like it in C# or VB.NET.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Kasper
Hi,

Wow, this must be the slowest follow-up by a user you have ever experienced . Anyway, I'm messing around with this again, and I tried loading the Simple language into the SDI editor. I don't see the behavior I was requesting, when duplicating a function in the Simple language with an extra parameter. Could you please tell me how this works and where I should look?
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hehe... the Simple language does have parameter bolding implemented. If you run it and look at the parameter info for IncrementAndMultiply, you will see bolding although since each parameter name only has one character in that case, the bolding might not stick out a lot.

All parameter info code for the Simple language is in the SimpleSyntaxLanguage. Just look through there for "ParameterInfo" and you can see all the places where code is needed to get it all working.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.