Intelliprompt Filtering

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
In my application, I would like to be able to hide some Properties/Methods from my users when the intelliprompt dropdown displays. For example, lets say I have a class called ExtraMath that has in a couple of methods like Add and Subtract. If the user types in code like:
ExtraMath math = new ExtraMath();
math.
The intelliprompt would show Add and Subtract and then all of the methods that come out of object (I think there are 6). I would like to have the option of filtering out the noise from the intelliprompt list.

I imagine you could add an event to SyntaxEditor called something like OnIntellipromptDisplay where the delegate looks something like this:
public delegate void OnIntellipromptDisplay(object sender, Token token, List<IntellipromptEntry>);
Token would be the Token that preceded the trigger that caused the intelliprompt to show. I don't know if this is the best way to do this, but in general I am looking for some idea about what class/type/namespace is about to be shown so I can no what to filter on.

The List would be of some kind of intelliprompt entry object that had in it at least the text to be displayed and a Visible flag that I could flip.

I hope that this makes sense, but if not please let me know.

thanks,
Jake

Comments (4)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
In our .NET Languages Add-on, we just implemented filtering today for member lists. This new feature will be in the next maintenance release.

Is that where you need this feature or do you mean in general? If in general, I'm not sure you would need it because in that case you are directly controlling what goes into the member list so this would be superfluous.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
I noticed that .NET has an attribute, System.ComponentModel.EditorBrowsableAttribute, that is for hiding fields/methods from editors. Could you put it on your todo list to add support for this attribute? It would allow me hide some versions of polymorphic methods.

thanks,
Jake

[Modified at 08/21/2007 09:38 AM]
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Good idea Jake, I'll add it to the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Jake, the EditorBrowsable feature was just added in today's release. See the blog for more info on it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.