Posted 17 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
I found something that I think is a bug in the parser you released today. It might have been in previous releases, I'm not sure. To reproduce follow these steps:

1. Open the test application.
2. Choose the .NET Language Reflection Quick Start
3. Replace the code in the window with this:
namespace ABC
{
    public class A
    {
        protected C cInstance;
    }

public class C
    {
        private int field1;
        protected int field2;
        public int field3;
    }

public class B : A
    {
        public B()
        {
            this.cInstance
        }
    }
}
4. Put a '.' after the cInstance code at the bottom of the code.
5. You will see a few members show up in the intelliprompt list including the protected members of the C class. The private stuff is hidden, but anything protected shows up in this scenario.

If I am doing something wrong, or don't understand what protected means, please let me know.

thanks,
Jake

Comments (7)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jake,

I can confirm this as a bug. Thanks for the repro steps. I'll add it to the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Great, thanks.
Did this bug get fixed in build 236?

thanks, Jake
Hi Jake,

I think it's still pending on the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,
Is there any update on this bug? We are going to do a release pretty soon so I was wondering if I should wait for it.

thanks,
Jake
Yes this one is fixed for the next release but I can't give a date for the next release yet. There are a lot of AST changes made for this release to accommodate VB.NET. Really they shouldn't affect you but we want to test things some more and make more changes before final release. It may be several days or longer.

Actipro Software Support

Sounds good, thanks.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.