ActiproSoftware XML files in output

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Warren J. Hairston - President, Logical Operators, Inc.
Version: 3.0.0124
With the newest version of the Wizard control, my compiled program output now includes 3 XML files that weren't there with previous versions of the control.

They're named the same as the redistributable files with an .XML extension. They appear to be XML documentation files for the Actipro class libraries. These files show up whether I compile in Debug or Release mode.

I'm pretty sure I can delete them without affecting my application, but how do I prevent them from showing up in my output folder in the first place?

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Those are the XML documentation files for the control. We started including those a little bit back so that developers will have Intellisense when working with our classes in Visual Studio.

You do NOT need to, nor should you, include those those XML files in the redistributables of your application. It's probably just a "feature" of Visual Studio to copy them to your bin folder if they are found. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to prevent them from showing up there though other than deleting them from the Program Files folder for each assembly.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.