Posted 17 years ago by Charles W. Hooks
I installed SyntaxEditor 4.0.0235 today and something in the read me file caught my eye:

Additional Redistributable Files (if you own the web languages add-on):
For .NET 2.0 and later: ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.Web.Net20.dll
For .NET 1.1 and later: ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.Web.Net11.dll

We currently use the SyntaxEditor to edit JavaScript in a mini IDE we've created to help with
installation and configuration of one of our products. After seeing the examples for implementing
intelliPrompt for C# with the .NET languages add-on... I'm hope to the web version has something
equally as impressive and useful!

Either way, I would lvoe to know more about this addition or add-on module for the editor.

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Charles,

We currently are focusing on implementing an advanced VB.NET language for the .NET Languages Add-on. Then we will probably return to the web add-on to add more features to the XML language there.

Right now the web add-on isn't really for sale and only has a basic XML language implementation that does have a couple more features than the free dynamic language for XML. We should be able to eventually take our C# language and trim things way down to make it work for JScript since JScript syntax is more or less a subset of a C#-style language. If you are looking to do that sort of thing now, you could purchase the source code for the .NET Languages add-on and then modify it yourself to work for JScript.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Charles W. Hooks
Any plans to support JavaScript?

The part of the .NET language add on that is of keen interest is the auto-management of intelli sense data. i.e. What are objects, their methods, properties and parameters, which instances are what objects, inherited object change and related methods, properties and paramters as well...

Is there any time-frame for the web add-on stuff?
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes we hope to implement Javascript down the road but have some higher priority languages that will be done before that. But like I had previously mentioned, you could get the source code for the C# add-on right now and trim it down and modify it to work for Javascript. No time frame on the web add-on yet since we have several other items that are being worked on first.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.