what dll to install?

CodeHighlighter for ASP.NET Forum

Posted 17 years ago by lx2222182@yahoo.com
Hi,

I uploaded the download and add the codehilighter to my site. Then I uploaded the following two dlls

ActiproSoftware.CodeHighlighter.Net20.dll
ActiproSoftware.Shared.Net20.dll

and I get this message

[InvalidLanguageDefinitionException: An error occurred while loading the DynamicSyntaxLanguage '{Unknown}':
The syntax language type 'CodeHighlighterTest.CSharpDynamicSyntaxLanguage, CodeHighlighterTest' could not be loaded.
The problem occurred near line 1, position 2
in Unknown Stream.]

Now, if I uploaded the
CodeHighlighterTest.dll in that folder, it's fine.

why do I need CodeHighlighterTest? I'm using my own project, so I didn't see a need to uploade the CodeHiglighterTest in the downloaed project.

any suggestion is appreciated. thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If you look at the dynamic XML definitions, some of them (the ones with code-behind classes like the C# one) have an attribute in their root SyntaxEditor tag that specify where the code-behind class is loaded.

You need to include the code-behind classes (like CSharpDynamicSyntaxLanguage) in one of your assemblies in your web site and update the dynamic XML definition to point to it, via a type/assembly specification.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by lx2222182@yahoo.com
hi, thank you so much for your reply.

i think you are refering to the /languages/lexerrs/ .xml files right?

So to merge it into my project, i just have to drop them into my source code and then replace the approriate tags, is that correct?

tahnks again.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The lexers can be placed wherever you have them now since it is finding them already. However you do need to modify the ones that point to a code-behind class so that the namespace/type/assembly reference references however you merge the code-behind language classes in your project.

So for instance, ActiproSoftware.CSharp.xml has a reference to CSharpDynamicSyntaxLanguage in its top line. You need to include CSharpDynamicSyntaxLanguage.vb in your project and then update the XML file's root tag to reference the new code location properly.

Please read the dynamic language documentation in the "SyntaxLanguage Tag" topic under the "SyntaxLanguageTypeName" attribute for more help.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.0.59) was released 13 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.