Can you mix language definitions?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Charles W. Hooks
I have an XML language definition that is working very well for highlighting. However, I need to capture the trigger event in order to provide the correct intelliSense for my JavaScript objects. I can not find a way to use that event unless I make a DynamicOutliningSyntaxLanguage object. This would seem to create a conflict between getting the language from Document.LoadLanguageFromXml or Document.language. Am I missing an obvious way to set an event handler for triggers on XML language definitions?

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Charles,

SyntaxEditor.TriggerActivated fires whenever a trigger event occurs. Also SyntaxLanguage has a virtual OnSyntaxEditorTriggerActivated method. Does one of those help you out?

Actipro Software Support

I've created an dynamic langauge object:
public class KaliScriptDynamicSyntaxLanguage : DynamicOutliningSyntaxLanguage {

I pass in extra contextual information about some instance objects available for the Java Script editor and some memberList information for them to this object.

When I use the following, I do not get any benefit from the language XML file I built I can't can't figure out how to load the XML file into the language object.
kaliScriptEditor.Document.language = kailLang;

When I use:
kaliScriptEditor.Document.LoadLanguageFromXml(getStreamFromString(langDoc.InnerXml), 0);

I am able to link the XML to my langauge object (using SyntaxLanguageTypeName), but I don't get to create that object with my java script context object with all the member list information.

I just need to know the method for loading the XML def into my KaliLang object and I should be rockin.
Doh! Just noticed the static initializer LoadFromXml on DynamicOutliningSyntaxLanguage. This should solve my problem nicely.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.