Upgrading to version 4

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Kasper
Version: 4.0.0236
Hi,

I'm currently upgrading my product from version 3.1 of SyntaxEditor to version 4.0 - 133 build errors :D. I see that a bunch of things has been changed, but I guess that's okay :). I'm looking in the upgrade notes while working, but there are a couple of things I can't seem to find anymore. I hope you can help me :)

- BracketHighlightBackColor and other related BracketHighlight visual settings - where are they now? :)
The same goes for LineNumberMarginBorderColor, LineModificationMarkingColor and related settings.

I will probably be posting again once I dig a bit deeper into all these errors :)

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
v4.0 uses a renderer model (which allows for custom rendering) so all rendering-related properties are moved there. This is described in the "Converting from 3.x to 4.0" topic in the help:
"All of the rendering-related properties on the SyntaxEditor class, such as those that returned Color, Border, or BackgroundFill properties have been moved to the renderer class."

Also, for bracket highlight settings, we made those into a language controlled HighlightingStyle since that's how VS does it. The ActiproSoftware.CSharp.xml dynamic language definition shows an example of this:
<Style Key="BracketHighlightingStyle" Name="Bracket Highlighted Text" Bold="True" />
But basically with that you now can set borders, use alpha backgrounds, or anything else the new highlighting styles can do.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.