VB.NET in SyntaxEditor

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Barath Kuppuswamy
Version: 4.0.0236
Hi,
I'm new to SyntaxEditor...I downloaded today, and I tried the Sample Solutions that came with it.
I noticed that sample solution was setting C# code in the text property of the SyntaxEditor, which works great. I can get intellisense along with parenthesis matching etc...
But, when I tried setting VB.NET code in the text property, I can't get intellisense or others anymore...Any ideas?

Thanks
--Barath

Comments (4)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Barath,

Thanks for looking at SyntaxEditor. We are currently working on an advanced VB.NET implementation that will work like the C# one that you tried. It takes a very long time to add this advanced functionality since we have to code how to process every type of language construct in the VB.NET language and build an AST tree out of that information. Like I said, we are currently working on it for VB.NET.

There is a simpler VB.NET language included with SyntaxEditor but as you saw, it doesn't have Intellisense.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Adam
When do you anticipate VB.NET Intellisense will be available?
Hi Adam,

Not sure on the timeframe but it is our next major product target so our resources are currently mostly aligned towards completing it.

We did take some time off for the holiday season but now are back on the VB.NET implementation. Currently we're working on statement AST implementation. Expressions are done.

Actipro Software Support

Just FYI for anyone reading this post, we started a blog-like post over in the .NET Languages Add-on forum for posting status on the advanced VB.NET implementation:
"Blog" on Advanced VB.NET Language Development

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.