Embedding help into an Actipro ToolWindow

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Rosie Chandler
Version: 2.0.76
I'm trying to implement a help system similar to that used in Visual Studio 2005. I'm using the Actipro DockManager to create dockable tool windows, and I have a chm help file that I'd like to link up to the docked windows.

In Visual Studio 2005, when you e.g. click Help -> Contents, the help contents page appears in a dockable window, and then when a help topic is selected this is displayed in another dockable window as a tab.

Does anybody have any advice on how I could implement a similar system myself?

Much appreciated

Rosie

Comments (4)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rosie,

You might be able to use a WebBrowser control and point it to the CHM file. But it would probably require a special type of URL syntax. Try googling that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Rosie Chandler
Still no look, I'm afraid. I have a CHM file called MyProject.chm which contains the files ButtonHelp.htm and LabelHelp.htm. I tried putting the following as the URL property of the WebBrowser control, but it didn't work:

c:\...\MyProject.chm::/ButtonHelp.htm

Any more ideas?
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Like I said, we never tried it. You will have to look on the Internet for information. For instance, google turns this up:
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/htmlhelp.asp

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Gareth - Director, Slyce Software Limited
The format of the url to use is:
string helpPath = @"mk:@MSITStore:C:\MyProject.chm::/ButtonHelp.htm";
Good luck,
Gareth.

[Modified at 01/03/2007 02:59 PM]

[Modified at 01/03/2007 03:00 PM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.