Vertical Scrollbar

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Version: 11.2.0552

Hi,
Is there a way to disable the vertical scroll bars?  I would like to be able to stack a couple of SyntaxEditors in a ListView and have them all share the same scrollbar.  Each editor would just be as tall as it has content.

Thanks,
Jake 

Comments (5)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jake,

I'm sorry but there aren't any options for hiding the scrollbars at this time, short of single-line edit mode. I'll add your request to the TODO list.

[Modified 12 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology

Hi,
I probably wasn't being clear.  I would like the scrollbars to hide, but I wasn't asking for that feature here.  I would like the height of the control to automatically resize itself based on the amount of text in the editor.  For example, if there are 10 lines of code at 20 pixels per line the editor will be 200 tall, or 400 tall if there are 20 lines of code.  I can write this by watching how many lines the Document is taking up, but I was wondering if there was a built in function for what I described.

thanks,
Jake 

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Sorry but nothing is available for that at the moment.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jake,

We have been working on this a bit as a possible feature addition for the upcoming 2014.1 version. If you would like to help test this with us, please write our support address and reference this thread. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

We've announced this feature on our blog as being included for the 2014.1 version:

http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2014/02/26/SyntaxEditor-Auto-Sizing

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.