Syntax Editor - Licensing version hangs the application

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by JK
Version: 11.1.0545
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)

Hi, 

I have been working on a WPF application which used the evaluation version of the syntax editor control v2011.1.545. Everytime I run the application, it displayed the license pop up.

To avoid users from seeing this pop we purchased 2 developer licenses for this control.

But ever since, everytime I run the application, it hangs and does not respond at all.

If I remove the licensed version and refer the project back to the evaluation version dlls, it starts working again but ofcourse with the pop up message asking me get the license renewed.

I have carefully read through the product documentation and understood the licensing requirements but I am not sure if there is anything wrong with my installation or is it that the application is not able to read any information from the windows registry.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jaspaul

Comments (1)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jaspaul,

That doesn't really make sense since the licensed version is the exact same binary as the evaluation version, it just won't pop up the license nag screen.  And we've never heard of our licensing code hanging anything up.

Are you sure it's hanging up in our code?  Did you break the application at that point to look at what the call stack is?  Please contact us directly offline at our support e-mail address and we'll work with you further as needed.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.