Posted 12 years ago by Marco Parenzan
Version: 11.2.0121

Is the entire support for language parser a separate component from Silverlight?

I'm more precise: if I acquire a Silverlight parser, can I parse source code directly in ASP.NET (host project) or in Silverlight project only?

Is there any licence for parser component?

I'd like to acquire Silverlight licence, but also using parsing technology without Silverlight.

Thanks in advance,

Marco PArenzan

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Marco,

The Silverlight SyntaxEditor is based on the Silverlight runtime so unfortunately it can only be used from within a Silverlight project. 

That being said, you could also get a license for the WPF SyntaxEditor since it has nearly the same object model but is .NET based.  So if you only use the Actipro Text and any other Text.* assemblies, those don't have any dependencies on WPF itself and could easily be used in any .NET-based project.  The other SyntaxEditor-related assemblies do have dependencies on WPF.  But at least the parser piece of the WPF version could be used in ASP.NET and could share source code with the Silverlight project's implementation.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Marco Parenzan

Ok, so:

• is it possibile having Syntax Editor for silvelight without the other controls?
  • is there a bundle for the entire Syntax Editor (WPF, Silverlight, Language AddOns) tools?
  • is there a parser product without WPF?
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Marco,

1) Not yet but for the 2012.1 version, we're probably going to start selling individual Silverlight controls in addition to the bundle.

2) Sorry not at this time but if you are buying WPF and Silverlight controls, we can work out a special discount for you.  Please contact our sales email address if that is the case.

3) The parser portion is only included in the SyntaxEditor control license, not standalone.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Marco,

With today's 2012.1 version release, you now can purchase the Silverlight SyntaxEditor standalone.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.