Completion Custom Actions

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Phil Devaney - Senior Software Engineer, Serck Controls Ltd
Version: 11.2.0552

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a Completion Custom Action as shown in the IntelliPrompt QuickStarts. I can successfully display a dialog, but the example doesn't show how to then insert text based on the dialog selection into the document.

I have tried

IEditorDocument document = session.View.SyntaxEditor.Document; 
TextRange range = session.SnapshotRange.TextRange; 

// Display dialog here with Window.ShowDialog

document.ReplaceText(TextChangeTypes.AutoComplete, range, myNewText);

I had to save the document & range before displaying the dialog, as otherwise session.View was null after ShowDialog returned, and session.SnapshotRange.IsDeleted was true.

This inserts the new text, but if the user typed a few characters to get to the completion item, they are not replaced as they would be if a normal completion item was selected.

What is the recommended way of doing this?

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Phil,

It doesn't look like we currently expose the snapshot range variable that we use to replace the text with.  But I believe it would effectively be similar to if you took the snapshot range you are saving and if you translated it to the current snapshot like:

snapshotRange.TranslateTo(targetSnapshot, TextRangeTrackingModes.ExpandBothEdges);

Let us know if that helps.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Phil Devaney - Senior Software Engineer, Serck Controls Ltd

Yes, that works perfectly, thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.