The ability to customize EditorDocumentViewer

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Kasper

I really like the EditorDocumentViewer, but it looks pretty dated when compared to the betautiful Ribbon interface and so on. The worst part is the oldschool toolbar, but I would also like to change the icons to match the ones I use in the rest of my applications. The ability to hide the toolbar but still be able to control e.g. the zooming would also be great, for making a Print Backstage area like the one seen in the Office applications.

If these things already exists, I apologize, but I haven't been able to find anything about it in the documentation or the samples.

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kasper,

EditorDocumentViewer basically just inherits WPF's DocumentViewer.  The reason we have EditorDocumentViewer is that it hides the "find" toolbar that normally appears at the bottom of the DocumentViewer.  That toolbar is something in the DocumentViewer template that we are able to hide.  However the ugly toolbar at the top seems to be generated programmatically along with the other content of the DocumentViewer and is not part of the template.  So in the past when we've tried to change/remove that upper toolbar, we've been unsuccessful.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by tatulea

Hi Kasper,

I have a project in wpf. It contain a DocumentViewer. How can i remove the print button of top bar?

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.