Parser Errors in LLParserFramework

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Christel
Version: 12.1.0560

Hi,

I have a language created with Language Designer, have my own Grammar-Class and everything works s expected in the LLParserDebugger of the LanguageDesigner tool.

If there is an error, like "xxx" expected, I can see ist in the error-window.

But when I start parsing my editor application, using all the generated classes (everything is registerd in the special syntaxlanguage-class) and the grammar class, I don't get any error messages shown in the error docking window.

Is it true that I have to report every error (I want to see) in the Grammar class in the different callback - methods of each term by using IParser.state.ReportError?

Is there no default error displaying and reporting? I do use the ErrorAlias for all the EbnfTerms.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Christel,

Error reporting should be working and displaying in the editor fine (at least for the 'xxx' expected ones) if you have a tagger provider set up for the errors and a squiggle tag quick info provider.  Both of these need to be on the language.  Check out the sample language in GettingStarted05 for an example of this.

Even without those things, our GettingStarted04a sample shows how you can watch the editor's document ParseData change event notifications.  Then in there look at your ILLParseData and see if contains any errors.  If you bind those to a list in an errors tool window, they should show up there.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.