HeaderBackgroundNormal theme resource question

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Krijn Michiels
Version: 12.1.0560

I have a custom HeaderedContentControl where the header looks exactly like the header from the navigationbar.With Office2007Blue my background looks the same as Outlook 2007 using the {DynamicResource {x:Static themes:NavigationBarCommonDictionary.HeaderBackgroundNormalBrushKey}}.

But when theme is switched to Office2010Blue the background is white.

Why is the {DynamicResource {x:Static themes:NavigationBarCommonDictionary.HeaderBackgroundNormalBrushKey}} color not the default Office2010Blue/Silver/Black color ?

Thanks

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, I assume you are talking about an older version like 2011.1?  Your post indicates 2012.1 but that version doesn't have that resource key any more.

In 2011.1, the Office 2010 navbar doesn't have a displayed header area like in Office 2007 so that particular resource key is set to Transparent for those 2010 themes.  You'd have to set it yourself as an override in your app Resources, or load it in dynamically via a XAML resource dictionary into your App resources following a theme change.

We define it like:

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static themes:NavigationBarCommonDictionary.HeaderBackgroundNormalBrushKey}" Color="Transparent" themes:TintGroup.Name="Header" /> 

Just create a brush with that key (it could be a gradient brush) and it should override what our settings say.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.