Nested tool windows.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.1.0560

Hi,

I am able to display toolwindows inside the single toolwindow using followind code.

<docking:DockSite x:Name="DOCKSITE1">

<docking:ToolWindowContainer>

<docking:ToolWindow x:Name="BaseToolWindow">

<docking:SplitContainer Orientation="Horizontal">

<docking:ToolWindowContainer><docking:ToolWindow x:Name="TW1" Title="aas">

</docking:ToolWindow>

</docking:ToolWindowContainer>

<docking:ToolWindowContainer><docking:ToolWindow Title="fdfdf" x:Name="TW2"></docking:ToolWindow>

<docking:ToolWindowContainer><docking:ToolWindow Title="dddd" x:Name="TW3"></docking:ToolWindow>

</docking:SplitContainer>

</docking:ToolWindow>

</docking:DockSite>

Above sample consist of BaseToolwindow and its three child toolwindows named tw1,tw2,tw3 respectively.

If i float any of the child toolwindow from the base toolwindow and then double click the floated toolwindow it will repositioned to the Basetoolwindow.

But the problem is if i float the entire BaseToolWindow and the float any of the child toolwindow and then double click the floated child toolwindow and then double click the floated BaseToolWindow then my layout of the Base-Child toolwindows changes.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

First off, the code you pasted above isn't valid.  You can't nest a SplitContainer directly within a ToolWindow.  You need another DockSite enclosing it.  Please read our "Control Hierarchy" documentation topic as it describes what can be in what.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.